Tuesday, January 3, 2012

beginnings. endings. in-betweens.


I have come out of a calendar year that was chock-full of transitions and growing pains. I do realize that life is change, blah,blah, blah, but this past year was exceptionally change-y for me. I am looking back on some regrets and achievements. Brian and I are looking ahead with some big question marks, and some big dreams. Beyond the wonder of success or failure lies the blessed assurance that Jesus is with us always, and that God is real. Beyond the traffic jam that tends to be my mind, trying to know God, share God, love people, love myself rightly, failing in all of that, reorganizing priorities, wandering through milky ambiguity of aspirations- lies the peace that the Holy Spirit works in meaningful and relevant timing. Thanks be to God. Amen.