Monday, October 3, 2011

Re-Starting-Over-Again

The thing about being a habitual people-pleaser is that you can hide who you really are. You can act one way, and it could either be sincere or it could be motivated out of fear or passive-aggression. But really truly being a God-pleaser involves a relationship of FULL DISCLOSURE. He shows us who we really are, and the lack we have chosen to live in. Sometimes the DEATH we have chosen over HIS life. 


Ezekiel 37:11-14
The LORD said:
   Ezekiel, the people of Israel are like dead bones. They complain that they are dried up and that they have no hope for the future. 12So tell them, "I, the LORD God, promise to open your graves and set you free. I will bring you back to Israel, 13and when that happens, you will realize that I am the LORD. 14My Spirit will give you breath, and you will live again. I will bring you home, and you will know that I have kept my promise. I, the LORD, have spoken."


Today is not the day to "Live my best life now". Today is the day to allow Jesus to bring real life into the places I have allowed to dry up, the places I am so prone to COMPLAIN about. 
I don't want to strive to be "My best ME". I want to strive to know Christ and Him crucified, to know him in his death and resurrection. 
Surrender to His life. Abide in His word.

1 comment: