Thursday, October 23, 2008

Seriously.


Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. My car got hit last night while parked. Hit and run.
Yes, it could have been worse. But WHAT THE HECK??!!!
I can't even find the words to begin to explain why i am flabergasted.
however, this all got me to think about God.
I incorrectly viewed Him as a side-swiper, hit and runner, for a long time. i thought He would wait until I got good and comfortable, and then WHAMM!, take off my drivers mirror or send a head-on collision my way.
I know, I know. I hate to admit that. It is really rediculous. but after careful inventory and some quiet inspection, I realized the distance I had allowed between an amazing, Loving God, and my little accident-prone heart.
He is the repairer and healer of all things; He can't help but be drawn to the broken and hurting, the lonely and lost. I am so thankful for the goodness of my God, and for the hit-and-run that put me right back at His feet.

3 comments:

lori bunk said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????

One Thing... said...

I am flabbergasted and can't find words either! What in the world?!

Rachel said...

that's suuuch a good illustration. sorry about your car.